P3D Pro Plus multichannel effects problem

I initially posted my problem in the P3D forums but no-one was able to assist me.

The issue was that with a host and client set up in P3D Pro Plus multichannel and the viewgroups correctly setup, I was unable to see any visual effects on the clients that I had set up in scenarios designed through SimDirector. These effects consist of explosions, fire and smoke etc. I was able to see these effects on the host but not the client.

After many weeks of uninstalling/reinstalling P3D Pro Plus on both computers and reinstalling my Orbx scenery, I was able to determine that the problem lay where I installed the Orbx scenery.

If I chose to install this scenery in Options > Addons as is recommended, the effects were displayed on the host computer but not on the clients.

I then uninstalled the Orbx scenery from Addons and manually entered each in the World  > Scenery Library on both host and client computers. It took some time as I wanted to test for the effects after each scenery installation in case one particular scenery was causing issues. However, ALL the scenery I had used previously and require for my scenarios are now installed and everything has been working correctly for a week now.

I don’t understand why placing the scenery in the Options > Addons area should cause effects data not to be sent over multichannel. There is something there that multichannel doesn't like. Anyone have any ideas?

Regards,

Rod

Archived