Strange blurries on P3Dv4

Hi.

I have had strange problems loading ground textures with p3dv4 version 4.5. I have experimented around Orbx innsbruck, Samedan and Barcelona City scape. Even though I recently upgraded my GPU to Asus dual 3070, these issues occur. To explain them short, it seems like P3Dv4 is not loading the ground textures properly. Tried to fly over these locations with fps unlimited (@60fps) and locked to 30. No solution. Tried different settings with a clean CFG, but the issues are still around. I use Orbx global, lc EU, and have multiple FTX regions and TE areas. 

The screenshots sure explains my issues, I will add them as attachments. <-- Flying over Barcelona

My system:

CPU: I7-4970K stock

GPU: ASUS DUAL 3070 8GB

RAM: 32GB

PSU: Strix rog 750w

SSD: YES

Monitor: ACER 4K 43" 

Thank you for your help. 

Sincerely yours 

Theo Silnicki Kettunen

grgr.JPG

Capture.JPG

I have future tried to fix the issue. The results are slightly better but not perfect. As shown in the screenshot bellow, the sim does not even try to load the underlying photoscenery, something must be wrong. 

1) Updated gpu abd bios drivers. Overclocked my gpu and cpu slightly, though it seems that my gpu utilizes 5gb of it's vram and cpu doesn't utilize 100%... 

2) locked framerate at 24fps

3) decreased sliders a bit to the left. 

I have been thinking about a  complete re-install, but that takes about 8h of my freetime, during the size of my p3dv4 liberary. 

Sincerely yours

Theo

Capture2.JPG

Hi eveyone,

Deleted & created a fresh scenery.cfg and settings.cfg etc., using the delete function in the P3DV4 root folder. Added "maximun performance" and do not allow "power management" from the Nvidia CP. 

Seems to load the underlying photoscenery pretty well now ;)

I'll continue my experiment and report back. 

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Theo,

i had a similar problem. You could try the following:

Open Orbx central and then go to the Orbx libraries. Do a verify run for the libraries.

Don't ask me why, but it solved the problem at least for me.

Regards

Sebastian

Archived