Downloading EGLC from within MSFS 2020

I have just tried to download this Addon. It had finished the full transfer then it said "WAITING". Well I waited for ten minutes and nothing happened.

I terminated MSFS 2020 from Task Manager and restarted it. It now hangs while "Checking For Updates". Any Ideas anyone?

I had the identical experience yesterday causing me to have to reinstall MSFS from scratch. What a pain.

I received an email from MS to say it is 'now available'. But according to my MSFS install it's already downloaded and installed. 'Up To Date' even. 
It appeared to be a massive file during installation, but like you, there is nothing to show in the sim after reinstalling it. 

When it crashed my MSFS the integrity of the install was clearly in doubt.     

I have  tried hard today via Orbx and the MS Shop to see if it can be re-downloaded and re-installed. A complete blank there.  This is the only place so far I've found a reference to this issue. But am more than ever in the dark. Does anyone really know what's going on?  If so, hopefully we'll see a reply in this thread soon.

Commonsense suggests just repurchasing via Orbx given the few Euros involved. But decided against that on principle and dread of another blind alley,  or worse.

Not my preferred way of spending a relaxing weekend. All in all Emma, Badly Done.  

As Per other threads it seems the issue needs to be addressed with MS as the purchase was made in game, people seem to have more luck with the Orbx installer so perhaps a refund from MS and repurchase direct may be the way forward.

Downloaded Landmarks London City Pack from Microsoft Marketplace. It downloads then gets stuck at waiting. Then the entire application hangs forever. All subsequent attempts to load Flight Sim get stuck at "Checking for Updates". This breaks my entire game, and forces me to delete the package for London City Pack.

Delete: C:\Users\[Name]\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Offical\Steam\Orbx-landsmarks-london-city-pack\ to "fix".

Obviously, the upgraded graphics are gone at that point. But at least you don't have to download the whole 100 Gb again.

Archived