East to West leg 18 - Fitzroy Crossing to Curtin

This was the penultimate flight in this mammoth journey and the picture depicts the most exciting thing about it!;

All that land and they had to put the taxiway just where a protected tree would be in the way! ;D

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

This was also the first real attempt I've made doing a flight using Tim Arnott's Plan G.  Apart from the fact that it took me a time to realize where it would be located in FSX ::) it worked perfectly.

It will come into it's own on the next and last flight from Curtin though because I've got to find somewhere lower down the West Coast but still within reasonable distance for a light aircraft to fly and his map is ideal for that.  Certainly better than my road map.

John

Thank you ImageShack

All that land and they had to put the taxiway just where a protected tree would be in the way!

LOL . Thats local councils for you.

Well the tree's protected, so they couldn't just chop it down...  ::)

John, glad to see you've got all the way through  8) I'm still plodding around NSW, although my simming time has been much reduced the last couple of months (about to reach Parkes, to look at The Dish....)

Good luck to you with your journey Tim.  There are still many areas of Australia I want to visit.  In the end, after Alice, it became a bit of a plod. As I said I'm going to have a rest from it for a while to have a better look round PNW.

One place I will be going back to fairly soon is Alice Springs, particularly if it gets some Orbx special treatment.  The Neville Shute romance has always given Alice a special kind of appeal for me.

John

Yes, I agree with that for most of his books although for me, the characters he drew in 'A Town Like Alice' really were real people.  I think concentrating so much on the story about wing fatigue in one of the other books (can't remember the name) did detract somewhat from his characters in it.  Mind you, I did like the bit where the scientist pulled the landing gear lever and smacked the 'plane down on the tarmac to stop it flying with a full load of passengers!

Goodness me, I don't know about you, but I think I'm showing my age with all this nostalgia! :-[::)

All the best.

John

Archived