Orbx Central Missed X-Plane 11 During Discovery Process

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10

Simulator:  X-Plane 11

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Installed Orbx Central on new computer with Orbx sceneries from Aerofly FS 2, Prepar3D v5 and X-Plane 11.  During the setup process, Orbx Central did not discover X-Plane 11.  During setup, 3 simulator boxes were displayed, 2 of which were filled in with Aerofly FS 2 and Prepar3D.  In the third box, an in-process search symbol continued to spin with no result.  In the missing simulator discovery box, I filled in the path to X-Plane 11.  I then re-scanned the computer as instructed with no result.  Please advise.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @EagleOne49

Have you launched X-Plane at least once?

Orbx Central will look for a C:\Users\Edward\AppData\Local\x-plane_install_11.txt file on your PC which X-Plane will create on the first time the it's launched. Inside this file is a path to your X-Plane simulator. If you can't find this file feel free to create it and put the path to your X-Plane simulator inside it.

Hi Josh:

The file is present and has the proper path to the X-Plane simulator.  I did run X-Plane 11, closed it and rebooted the computer.  Orbx Central still does not "see" X-Plane 11.  Any other suggestions?

Thanks for your timely response.

Josh:

I'm hoping some clarification might help.  I purchased a new computer.  X-Plane 11 and all of its components and all add-ons including Orbx Central were installed on a 2TB SSD drive in the old computer.  To save hours of reinstallation of X-Plane 11 and all add-ons on the new machine, I merely transferred the SSD to the new computer.  After the transfer, everything worked fine including Orbx Central.  At one point during operations, while I was downloading an Orbx P3D scenery to the new computer, the computer froze.  I had to do a forced shutdown.  When I powered up the machine, the desktop icons for several flight sim applications were present but with incorrect, including X-Plane.  In trying to restore several app icons, I reinstalled them.  I received error messages that the new computer was not authorized and I had to enter emailed passwords to verify the new computer.  I'm wondering if the forced shutdown someow corrupted Orbx Central.  Would it be help if I competely uninstalled and reinstalled Orbx Central?  If so, I would need assistance in finding the locations of all Orbx Central files.  Thanks.

Archived