X-Plane 11.5 (Vulkan) Flickering - AMD GPU's

Maybe someone can answer a question to this well-documented issue which only seems to be affecting owners of AMD GPU's who fly X-Plane 11.5 with the in-game ’use vulkan driver for faster rendering’ option is checked

Here is a video uploaded by one such user which demonstrates this issue (forward to approx 1:00 to see how the tablet is effected):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQ-wSTWm72o

You may be aware X-Plane 11.5 now provides an option to use Vulkan which provides a significant increase in FPS, in my case this doubles and is a complete game-changer, hello Orbx.. cheque book ready, here I come!

However, when Vulkan is enabled, certain cockpit instruments and third party add-on popup panels start flickering and become unusable.

In my case, this effects Avitab and XPrealistic V2 but at the risk of repeating myself, ONLY when the in-game ’use vulkan driver for faster rendering’ option is checked

I contacted AMD who simply advised me to update to driver 20.5.1 (which was already installed) but they provided detailed instructions on how to install the driver correctly.

These instructions differ slightly from the way I had updated the driver so I decided to give it try.

However, after reinstalling the driver, the flickering issue was still present.

Another user has received a response from one of the X-Plane Developers who says that in his professional opinion,

"The problem is the OpenGL bridge, the driver doesn't correctly synchronize the OpenGL plugin rendering with the Vulkan rendering from the sim"

I take it this means the issue is driver related?

I will be interested to hear from anyone experiencing this issue and whether they have discovered any way to resolve it.

It will also be interesting to see if any Nvidia GPU owners have had any similar issue when using the Vulkan driver.

• 7 months later...
24 minutes ago, Daniel99.web said:

I'm having a problem with XP11.5. After I installed it, the rendering was very high around 70 fps. But week by week it started coming down around 20 fps. Now I can't even use it because it crashes. Would you kindly give me some advices about? I'm really disappointed.

These are only suggestions, have you changed any of the graphics settings in either X-Plane or on your computer?

Are you using Vulkan or OpenGL version of Xplane?

What GPU do you have?

Archived