prepar3D V5 Start up hangs indefinitely after True Earth Oregon Install

Hi,

I've been unable to get past the initial startup screen since installing True Earth Oregon in my Main

Orbx Library. I get no enable Addon message for true Earth Oregon and the sim doesn't start. I have most Orbx products installed and not had this problem before.

Peprar3d V5 has been updated with Hot Fix 2 and has been running beautifully till now. Windows 10 has been updated to version 2004.

I've waited over 1 hour for the start several times so far, have verified the True Earth Oregon files, and have sun the Sync Simulator function

in Orbx Central Settings/Help. Any help or advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Rich 

Thanks FlyBlueSkies,

I'll try the alt+ Tab this afternoon when I get home from work.

I have a very large Orbx Library with every other true Earth and many other Orbx Addons Installed.

I note the more addons the slower the Prepar3D V5 start. This was the same with Prepar3d V4 also.

I sometimes wonder if there is an upper limit to the number or sheer volume of the addons.

If I can't get it to start with TE Oregon Installed in the Library my plan is to uninstall it from the Library and reinstall in the simulator where I have some space available.

I'll let you know how I go.

All the best

Rich

Good Call FlyBlueSkies!

Alt+ Tab brought the Enable Addon Dialog to the fore fairly quickly and I was able to complete the start without problems.

Maybe your advice should be pinned in case other have problems with their startup hanging after installing a scenery. I'll do some Oregon Flights and let you Know what I think.

I have flown True earth Oregon in X Plane and it is spectacular. Some of the volcanic landscapes seem almost alien. Get it and you'll see what I mean.

All the Best

Rich

Holy Moly this thread saved me a lot of troubleshooting time.

In P3Dv5, purchased and installed KBUR Burbank with Central alongside SoCal region.  P3D startup would hang, CPU loading drop to 0.01 and stay there.  Removed KBUR and P3D starts.  What I found is that by doing a windows restart that the Add Add-On message box will be restored to be on top of splash screen but it was this thread that pointed me in the right direction.  Many thanks.

Archived