YBBN OOMs

johnny

I sorted my system so that with my Beech Duchess from Justflight I am capable of really good fps at YBBN, can taxi, takeoff land and mix all that with heavy traffic. Followed all the advise about settings, good results. 

but when I go to another aircraft, say the DA cheyenne, I get an OOM when trying to start-up.

I've tried a few others not necessarily home grown FSX but same result.

the duchess seems to be the only aircraft I can fly here. Having said that I don't have many FSX add-ons.

my specs are W7 32, Q6600 2.4GHz, GTX275

should we have to reduce down to below normal autogen, or just not use these add-ons ?

Johnny 

Hi Johnny, i'm pleased to hear you have found a good performance ballance, now lets address this OOM issue.

First off, can you confirm you can successfully load those other aircraft at other airports?

Also, do all your default FSX aircraft load ok at YBBN?

Russ.

Hi Russ, when I say "start up" I mean literally starting, the Cheyenne for example, from cold and dark, the actual aircraft loads ok.

I will try some default aircraft and report back. plus I will try getting the cheyenne already started and see what happens.

johnny

ok here is a summary of a few things I tried over the last 40minutes or so. For complex sims I always, by rule, load the complex aircraft start-up flight, it's essentially the ULM at a default airport. This is essential for the J41 (for example).

Default 737 - no problems - took off, landed, taxi to a quiet corner to load th Cheyenne.

The Cheyenne loaded ok, started both engines, but then began to flick through some 2d panels to start radio stack and it failed - OOM

The Ariane 737, loaded ok, even at dawn (nice orange sky) start up, FMC position init, APU, bleeds, engine start etc. all ok, took off then in the climb all instruments froze, aircraft still flyable but no return on instruments. Repeated this in daytime, no change.

J41, after the complex aircraft startup at the default airport as soon as I selected to go to YBBN it didn't want to know, instant OOM as soon as YBBN appeared on screen.

Like I said before, the only aircraft that runs for me is the Justflight Duchess, great little aircraft.

I can confirm all these aircraft load at other airports, YBHA is a good example, even the J41 runs fine there, although at 12-15 fps.

any pointers Russ ?

Johnny

Those complex aircraft will require you to lower your airport detail settings to accommodate the extra system resources required by those complex aircraft.

We have an idea for the YBBN service pack that will prevent these OOM's at the expense of having the crisp apron surfaces.

Russ.

I can certainly do without the crisp surfaces, not necessary in my view. don't need to see cracks in the runway anymore than the crack in my ****.

In fact some ideas from other posts have led me to slash my settings and the rewards are huge.

I have set autogen to zero. mesh resolution to 10m. texture resolution to 1m. water cut back without special effects - so just static textures. detail radius down to min.

in fact all that counts are reasonable textures from a height, climbing out of an airport with eyes on the instruments and before you know it you are looking down on rooftops where autogen makes no difference. Even Cairns area looks reasonable with these settings.

I'm now "refining" things so that I am getting something quite realistic looking, with a misty affect to distant ground.

no hedge trimming for me, I want in and out of airports with no compromise on AI traffic.

my cloud is now detailed and I can now use YMML with fairly fluid results with quite alot of cloud.

with the rnwy textures removed at YBBN I am running J41 and Cheyenne no problems.

Well Johnny, i'm happy to hear you've found a compromise that works for you. Your drastic scenery slashing actions are not for everyone of corse, so our alternative apron options should keep most people happy, while retaining a lot more scenery elements  :)

Russ.

Archived