Orbx central freezes before download completed of True Earth GB Central, North and South

Des

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Des

This is a different error to what you encountered previously so it seems we've made some sideways progress. The error that now appears in your log file is as follows:

2020-09-19T16:45:59.355Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Exception: Conversion failed.

If you completely close Orbx Central and relaunch it the install should pick up from where it left off. Does this proceed through and begin the conversion process?

2 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @Des

This is a different error to what you encountered previously so it seems we've made some sideways progress. The error that now appears in your log file is as follows:

2020-09-19T16:45:59.355Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Exception: Conversion failed.

If you completely close Orbx Central and relaunch it the install should pick up from where it left off. Does this proceed through and begin the conversion process?

Hi Josh. On re-launching Orbx Central, it picks up at the same point as when I closed it, which is captured in the shots I sent you. It still shows 26%, can you advise how I can know if the conversion is proceeding? For example, when can I expect to see the %'age progress move?  Thank you.  

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Des

The most common causes of the conversion step failing are lack of disk space and failing to met the system requirements. Though looking at the last log file provided I'm not sure these apply to your case.

It shouldn't take more than a minute to see the number of files converted increase in the progress bar. If this remains unchanged then the process is likely stuck. Can you completely cancel the download then reattempt it. If it gets stuck again can you reattach your latest central.log file?

Hi @Josh.

Still no success. I have plenty of disc space, and the system requirements are more than met.

I've attached a fresh log, which seems to show all going well up until the extraction process is due to start. At the  point as shown in the log, the process froze, although didn't crash, my system. I closed down Orbx Central using Task manager, then re-started. It went back to the same point at which it had frozen, but this time, crashed my system. I've used Control panel to make sure no other programmes are running other than the Windows essentials, which use very little processing power anyway. I tried once more, with the same ultimate result. Although I purchased all 3 TE GB areas, I thought I'd try and see if the South trial scenery loaded, and it did, quite quickly, although I know it is a much smaller file. Does this help in any way? Downloading and converting large files is not a problem for my system, as I mentioned previously, I successfully installed MS Flight Simulator 2020. I've also in the past installed Orbx scenery into FSX. Thanks.

TE GB Central 23% download completed.zip

• 3 weeks later...

Archived