EZdock loads World Camera view in middle of Ocean

andrew22222

Hi,

Does anyone that uses either the free version or the EZdock Camera V1.14 ever have problems creating a world camera and viewing from it? Basically in either versions I can create a new world camera, restart FSX but unfortunately when I choose to view from that camera it loads a view in the middle of the ocean. No sign of land at all. Very strange. Sometimes the screen will actually slew at great speed until it gets to the point in the middle of the ocean

I look at the map and the aircraft is still where it should be, or I can switch views to get back to the regular aircraft views but once I do the scenery is minimal and I have to wait 1-2 mins for it all to load back.

I'm using FSX with SP2 on windows 7 (64bit) but never had this problem before loading a world camera.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I have also asked on the Flight1 forum but doesn't look as though a solution will be found.

Many thanks,

Andrew

I used to pan vc view with a a weight on the space bar and mouse track. Now, if I went into the map and left the weight on the co-ordinates of location would wipe themselves out and I would find myself in the middle of the ocean.  I cant help as such but I would suggest that its loosing or missing  lat/long coordinates somehow.  How you approach that problem - no idea.      Glad I could help !  :P

Thanks for the info Alan. That was a real head scratcher.

I just found the answer by accident when looking at the FSX settings and then the camera entry in the Cameras.CFG . Been messing around with this damn thing for days but only posted on the forum not long ago.

Under the FSX Settings - General I have to switch the latitude to Southern and Longitude to Eastern when creating a world camera in Australia and then remember to change it back to Northern/Western when heading back to PNW. Thinking about it now the slewing I mentioned must have been it tear-assing to the coordinates in the Northern Hemisphere.

Time for a beer.

Archived