Orbx Central 4.1.7 fails to do anything

Hello all -

In short - I click on the Orbx-Central file on my desktop - I get the clock mouse pointer for @ 5-8 seconds - then returns to standard pointer....That's it - nothing happens....

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  •  

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

1) I don't have that file path (as Orbx isn't installed)

2) I have newer versions of the minimum C++ Distributables - do I need to downgrade them? (that thread was not specifc...normally don't downgrade)

3) Logfile shows a WERFILE (Windows Error Reporting file)...And then a Orbx-Central dmp file (also attached) Neither helps me deduce what's wrong??

Any help appreciated!

Cheers,

Dan

Operating system:  WIN 10 / 64-bit

Simulator:  X-Plane 11.41r1 

Screenshot:  image.png.9cb6dc6487bcfb89e726669e5aafff2e.pngOrbx-Central_Installation_Log.txt

Issue:  Purchased several X-Plane scenery packs - cannot even start Orbx Central to download them

Orbx-central-4.1.7.exe.13796.dmp

Hello all - 

Did some more digging...I have my Windows install on a 500 GB SSD - but I put all my program files (including X-Plane) onto a 2nd, Larger HDD...

I naturally assumed that the Orbx Central installer would ask me where to install....I re-read the 'Orbx Central' manual - and when I went through troubleshooting 'with a fine-toothed comb' - I saw that OC needed to put its log files files into specific folders....I was missing the top level %AppData%\Orbx  folder...so therefore the installation fails / stops...

After creating that - the installer worked fine & everything looks OK....

image.png.9fb416713e12ef2f75725145d3f019f6.png

Hope that helps some else....

Cheers,

Dan

Archived