Central Download Crashes My PC

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  W10

Simulator:  XP11.56BETA

Screenshot:  

Issue:  for 2 days now I have tried to install Orbx TE south england. it seems to be fine but then after a while when I revisit to check things I find that my PC has crashed to total turn off, it is only happening when I am trying to download and install the big scenery for England.

central.log

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @flyboyjsy

We've seen this issue previously only on PCs with an unstable overclock. Can you attempt the following steps:

• Ensure Orbx Central is not running. Be sure to check the system tray.
  • Remove the %temp%\Orbx\job-cache.json file. Doing so will ensure Orbx Central doesn't resume the installation on launch.
  • Start up Orbx Central and update to the latest fastlane version (4.1.9)
  • Go to Settings -> Downloader in Orbx Central
  • Change the Concurrency option to 'Hard Disk Drive'
  • Set the Conversions to 'Low'
  • Reattempt the installation.

Let me know how you go.

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to Central Download Crashes My PC
4 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @flyboyjsy

We've seen this issue previously only on PCs with an unstable overclock. Can you attempt the following steps:

• Ensure Orbx Central is not running. Be sure to check the system tray.
  • Remove the %temp%\Orbx\job-cache.json file. Doing so will ensure Orbx Central doesn't resume the installation on launch.
  • Start up Orbx Central and update to the latest fastlane version (4.1.9)
  • Go to Settings -> Downloader in Orbx Central
  • Change the Concurrency option to 'Hard Disk Drive'
  • Set the Conversions to 'Low'
  • Reattempt the installation.

Let me know how you go.

Thanks Josh, as far as I am aware my system is not OC it is a brand new build that have just put together. If I remember I believe that I enabled something to do with OC in the bios. I will try your method later today. 

This is now getting frustrating and tiresome. My PC is NOT OC. I have tried what you said, didn't work. I have, I hope, deleted everything pertaining to Orbx on my system. Now reinstalled central and trying for the fith time to download and install TE South.

So from my last reply I believe I have succeeded in getting the scenery to install. It is currently as I type , downloading, extracting and converting. Which is more than what it would be doing two hours ago. So I believe I can rest assured that this install will happen.

Unfortunately peeps I am unable too pinpoint the problem for others to learn from, but just to hit on what I did above including removal of any Orbx folders in regedit. Then I went back to reinstall central. Went to my account and so far all I have done is setup and install the libraries folder, backup and started the download of England south. 

orbx.jpg

Archived