Communication Error after PNW purchase

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Home

Simulator:  FSX SE

Screenshot:  

Issue

I've just purchased Pacific North West. I've got a few Orbx regions installed, never had any issues until now. This one won't let me install and I can't even uninstall the demo.

A communication error occurred when trying to perform this action

Orbx Central Worker failed to launch...System Requirements

No response Received Message Timeout

An error occurred while trying to sync your simulator

Action Taken:

I've restarted central, restarted my computer numerous times after each step, made sure I had the prerequisite software in the sticky (deleted and reinstalled in case but no change), I've tried to sync with simulator and it wouldn't let me, I've deleted central and reinstalled, I've used the search function and seen someone had an issue with hard drive space and second drives but don't think that applies to me (got plenty of space). I've made sure i don't have a windows compatibility mode issue. I've tried running central as admin. I've turned off antivirus and still nothing. I'm out of ideas :)

Thanks

Craig

central.log

Hi Craig,

It appears Orbx Central is missing one of its key components.

2020-05-10T13:31:17.486Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Using Saturn binary from C:\Users\Guesty\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe
2020-05-10T13:31:17.488Z [ERROR] [Central::IpcService] - [Saturn] spawn C:\Users\Guesty\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\OrbxCentralWorker.exe ENOENT
2020-05-10T13:31:17.488Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - The Orbx Central worker process failed to start as it can't find the binary. You may need to reinstall Orbx Central http://Orbx.to/central

Can you go to C:\Users\Guesty\AppData\Local\Programs\Orbx-central\saturn-win\ and check if OrbxCentralWorker.exe exists? If so, can you double-click on it and see if it runs?

Fixed, cheers.

Avast antivirus tried to move OrbxCentralWorker.exe to the chest on running central again. I just created an exception and all appears fine now :) It's downloading.

Many thanks for your help!

Craig

Archived