Orbx EGKA ntkernelbase.dll CTD

Hi

Another Orbx related problem with one of their aiports possibly.

I was at Orbx Shoreham UK, and experienced an 'ntkernelbase.dll' crash. So I defragged my hard disk, ran a windows repair (as I am aware this error can be Windows related) regenerated the p3d.cfg file.  Then CTD again at Shoreham.

I then removed Shoreham in Orbx Central and departed from the default (i.e Orbx EU England) EGKA, and did a flight to Cardiff - perfect.

So it's difficult not to think this must be related to Orbx EGKA addon.

Anyone else having this problem at Shoreham?

Ray

• 2 weeks later...

Hello,

I have the same problem. EGKA does not start in P3d_v5 HF1 with Orbx EU England. On a landing approach, the Sim crashes about 6 Miles before Shoreham.

So Shoreham in P3d_v5 is not compatible for me.

Regards

Dietrich

errorlog: VCRUNTIME140.dll

or: KERNELBSE.dll

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Just an update; I flew successfully out of Shoreham today after reinstalling it. So it was not the Orbx scenery. (unlike CYBD :-)

As others more experienced than me and with better systems have noted; P3D v5 is extremekly sensitive to any overloading or high settings - even when resources seem to be techncailly (according to Windows) more than adequate.

All I did was lower my settings and ensure I do not install any non compatible or P3D v4 items at all. I am running 8x AA, and 4 x MSAA - I still ahve ultra EA and ultra Autogen and buildings, scenery complexity tesellation max etc. And it works like a dream so far. I have never had such good performance at such high settings in S England. But overall the programme, in particular with regard how you set up you graphics card,  is still very tetchy. I upgraded to a GTX 1080 Ti, and that has stabilised things for me to the extent I rarely ever have a crash now - on short simple GA flights. Except when I tried to overclock my new graphics card - or do anything to it other than leaving it alone in default settings. The card was fine overclocked - it is a bit of a beast even now the RTX 2080 Ti is out, but P3D really didn't like it at all until I reset it to default.

Hope this helps someone.

Things can only go up from here.

ray

Archived