Red Bull Pilot Crashes....

cptdes

Radio news just revealed pilot is in critical condition in hospital. Best wishes for his recovery.

Eye witness reports.......

"Amazing, saw it out the corner of my eye at the office window, amazing fast rapid response from the jetskis with divers manning them who rushed from every angle to the scene. The pilot must have been out the water within one minute of the crash, super efficent and fast. Plane was immediately floated these boys are on the ball. However the rain is now pounding down and the plane is well submersed and its looking sad. At least 4 jetskis three Ribs and two police boats must have been on the scene in under 120 seconds. It was impressive and sad."

"Watched it happen from one of the buildings on the terrace. He went thru the last gate near the narrows and cut back in heading for the causeway on the straight. I noticed he didnt have his smoke on, unlike the earlier planes. The plane wads very low to the water and tilted from side to side a few timnes then ditched nose first into the river and flipped onto its back. There was a big splash and some debri came off, possibly the propellor or bits of the wings? Three rescue boats and some jet ski's went straight to it and then one took off to meet the ambulance. The plane has now been towed away."

I heard and saw this guy buzzing around the course this morning but was too busy on my pnw to sit in the living room and watch(got two days too do that right), heard him stop, no worries, went to get a drink and a bite to eat about 1230ish looked out and saw a plane in the river. Dam i missed it.

Archived