Road Traffic changes

I would be very pleased to be corrected, but it seems that in changing from P3D v4 to P3D v5 there are substantial changes in the way that road traffic is handled.  Actually, it occurs to me that this may have something to do with the fact that it is not possible to use Global Vector (and apparently nor will it be) with the latter.  In essence, road traffic is only shown on the motorways/freeways; there is no visible road traffic on any other roads (at least as far as I have seen to date).  This looks extremely odd and really catches the eye - a considerable reduction in immersion/realism at least in my view.  Naturally one can resolve this at least in part (i.e. by simply switching all road traffic off), but that seems a real shame when road traffic was working so well in P3D v4.  The difference is really dramatic when flying in low light conditions or at night...

I suspect that the road traffic network information (i.e. for all roads other than motorways/highways) was actually coming from Orbx Global Vector rather than LM P3D files.  If so, is there any way in which this information could be restored?  I appreciate that Global Vector as a whole may now be unnecessary/incompatible; but then I note that there are other problems with road networks - for example, Orbx have already noted missing information re road tunnels etc.  It appears that a 'subset', or modified version of Global Vector may indeed be needed...

Archived