Long in-flight loading pauses are back but now they CTD

Note: I've Posted this over at the Prepar3d Forums earlier

Hello I just got V5 and the first thing i did was test the defualt Sim with nothing installed. It ran great both in 2D and VR using the Valve Index. I then spent some time installing Orbx base NA Lanclass. then things started to slow down a bit FPS wise but nothing to serious. I then installed all the regains Orbx NA PNW, Nocal, socal, western Rockies, northern Rockies, etc. All was good there to. Than I installed every Orbx airport that I have witch is all of them but 2. And that is were the problem STILL is. I can fly from KBVS due east to just wet of isreal's farm and in P3dv4 there would be a long pause of about 5 to 10 seconds. In V5 its still there but it CTD instead.

I am using this loading pause in the sim just one of many examples because it is repeatable every time. There are hundreds if not thousands all over the Orbx areas if you have a specific number of Airports installed. There is one in the middle of the runway an NZMF there are 2 or 3 between KORD and KBVS KFRI they are every were. V5 dosn't pause and load like V4 it just CTD instead. Its like an invisible wall that can wreck your flight.

I've looked and tried to get Orbx to find what is causing this but im at a loss I was hopeing V5 could fix this but now it seams to be much worse.

Has anybody else had the long loading pauses in V4 and now in V5 with a CTD?

specs are I7 8700k 5.0Ghz
32Gb 3600 Corsair ram
Windows 10 latest updates
Latest Nvidia Drivers
GTX 1080Ti

I may have found a solution. I have the sim settings were I want as far as world detail. but under high frame rates its seem like p3d cant keep up with the many Orbx airports around the area and crashes in certain fixed spots within the areas. with the FPS limiter set to unlimited the sim is slammed with so much stuff and the hights speed and thats were we are getting the inflight pauses so it can catch up. in V5 it just Crashes the sim. I know this next part my not be what we want to here but here it goes. I tried 45 FPS limited crash... 30 FPS Limited Crash... 25 FPS Limited crash... But then 20FPS Limited no crash!!! and i could fly fly fly!!! interesting when FSX first released back in 2006 the default FPS was set to 20 FPS. so in my head i feel like under anything over 20 FPS limited there is still some old legacy code somwere that needs to be updated. kind of like a scenery fetcher that may have been overlooked that now instead of catching up the sim by pausing it as it did in P3DV4.5 now cant handle V5 and just crashes the sim!?! 

Ill post this over on the P3D forums too.

Archived