Santa Barbara Channel Islands - Fun approaches

BernieFlyer

Just a thank you for the above. Lots of fun getting into these little gravel strips. just like many Aussie bush strips. My favourite is Bathurst Harbour in SW Tasmania. It is just 450 Metres long and I have enjoyed taking the Beech Musketeer Super III in there on many occasions in real life. Almost as much fun in  C208 into these strips off Santa Barbara.

Bernie:P

On 4/6/2020 at 9:36 AM, BernieFlyer said:

Just a thank you for the above. Lots of fun getting into these little gravel strips. just like many Aussie bush strips. My favourite is Bathurst Harbour in SW Tasmania. It is just 450 Metres long and I have enjoyed taking the Beech Musketeer Super III in there on many occasions in real life. Almost as much fun in  C208 into these strips off Santa Barbara.

Bernie:P

Bernie, can't find Bathurst Harbour in P3D4.5 + Orbx Tasmania demo...is it an add-on?

Don.

Yes it is Don. It is in Ozx. There is a forum here Community Scenery Addons which will point you at Ozx. There is also Tasmanian Bush Strips out there and I use a Hybrid of the two to get closer to the real thing. The Tasmanian Bush Strips has the shed near the strip (and a car but there are no roads into that area) but dense trees around what is actually a semi treeless plain. The Ozx overwrites this with better scenery for the surrounds. One problem with the highbrid is that the strip changes to the very white version from TBS as you are on final. Of course nothing beats coming in on the real strip in real life. My photo on the left was taken at Bathurst Harbour Strip. Ozx refers to it as Meleleuca not Bathurst Harbour. There are no entries for it in the various nav databases so you have to fly roughly South from YCBG or YMHB. The Orbx scenery on the way is stunning. If you look on the GPS after passing Lakes Pedder and Gordon you will see Bathurst Harbour itself as a circle of water with a narrow channel heading off it to the west.

2020-4-8_15-24-53-440.jpg

2020-4-8_15-29-5-539.jpg

2020-4-8_15-29-50-344.jpg

Archived