I have just fully realised.............

jgruschow

I have just realised how much I have been spoiled by John and his team of magicians.

After flying exclusively in the blue area ever since it's release I decided to have a look at Queensland and NSW.Don't know what I expected to find. But I was left flat by the boreing countryside and all the undeveloped airfields. Coffs Harbour, I hardly noticed, it has never been a favourite, but Evans Head, a strip of grass amid the trees, Bellina, one of my old favourite, now very Microsoft. Lismore, a large yellowish brown area. The same for Kempsey.

The only enjoyable places I could find were Tony's (new) Place and Tyagara. Both thanks to that genius Mark Lee.

Queensland! Roochy's still there then naked landscape to Redcliff. No sign of Hazelton. So over to Dunnich, another of Mark's gems.Bliss again.

Enough of this, back to Cradle Mountain if I can find it under the snow.

A horrible thought. What will I do if all the developers go on strike?

Yeah, know what you mean. I was doing a positioning flight from Jandakot north to Mount Tom Price...and about half way up i crossed "The zone......" Lush detailed Orbx turf......ARHHH Microsoft generic desert tiles..... i took a pic of it, if i get a chance i'll put it up.

You mentioned something about a visual transition there Martin....

However, I can't see a damn thing because my eyesight has been damaged by the paintjob on that aircraft of yours!!

I've heard rumours of its existence...and there it is in all its pink/purple glory !!

Paul.

Patience has its own rewards Jack. None of the Gold airports are there because the background has to be finalised before the airports return. Your comments about Lismore makes we wonder whether you have the latest builds because you should not be seeing yellow expanses.

John

Patience has its own rewards Jack. None of the Gold airports are there because the background has to be finalised before the airports return. Your comments about Lismore makes we wonder whether you have the latest builds because you should not be seeing yellow expanses.

John

Er, Jack won't have any builds since he's not a beta tester John ;)

Thanks Paul,

Yeah its pretty funky, Almost guarentees your easy to spot in a busy circuit pattern :). that being said, its a fantastic little flyer, good panel layout, nice FM, fairly gets along...good on the juice and it does come with a bunch of different textures, i just happened to pick this one.

If anyone wants one, let me know and i'll dig up the link to where i got it.

BTW. Bit of trivia about T37's, apparently they were one of the noisy'est small jets ever produced, the history article i've been reading says that airfields they were stationed at had to have their buildings specially soundproofed to deal with them. And ear protection was mandatory for anybody even getting near them...

Cheers

MC

Archived