Wandering Central

Operating system:  Win10 Pro

Simulator:  XP11

Screenshot:  n/a

Issue:  I have a multi-monitor setup, like so [1][2][3][4][5], with [1][2][3] combined in nVidia Surround.  Whenever I start up Orbx Central it opens up to the left of monitor [1] like so [*][1][2][3][4][5].  I'll move it back to my monitors and it'll appear on monitor [4], not in monitor [1].  I can live with that, but then I close Central and when I open it up again, it's back to the left of monitor [1] despite last being used in monitor [5].  How can I have it remember where it was last opened and just keep opening on that monitor going forward?  Thanks!

central.log

Hello,

I've not used Nvidia Surround personally so I'm not sure what it does with the actual screen dimensions behind the scenes. Central will remember its location (x/y) and size (width, height) when it is closed, and should use it again when it next launches. Is the screen setup you're using staying the same between each Central launch?

Surround is nVidia like Eyefinity for AMD, they combine multiple monitors so that Windows sees it as one monitor.  So nVidia sees my setup as [123][4][5].  I sometimes disable Surround when testing stuff but I have not done so in a while.  I can open Central while in Surround setup and it will go off-screen, bring it back on-screen, close Central, then turn Central on again and it will go off-screen again.  I would've expected it to remember the x,y where it was last opened but it looks like it doesn't.  Central will go off-screen again regardless of which monitor it was last positioned in.

Archived