Eagles over Darrington

Always looking for opportunities to loiter over lavishly detailed fields, like the gorgeous Darrington here, I thought aerobatics would not only give me such, but also provide interesting vantage points for enjoying the scenery.  Picked up Iris' awesome Christen Eagle (after seeing it in one of the Orbx promo vids for 1S2) and have been having a blast throwing it around the sky, enjoying the thrill, and admiring the views.

I also happen to think that my passenger is cuter than Heidi...

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

those are just too cool... where did you get those?  I might actually be able to fly something like that on a regular basis.  love the paint jobs!

OK...I reread your post...Iris...Ill go look for it.  found it.  thanks.

anybody have trouble with this aircraft?

im having 'gauge errors'.  the file structure looks fine.  the aircraft loaded once out of three times.  iris' website seems closed.

if youve encountered problems and know of a solution, Id appreciate hearing about it.

thanks

Sorry to hear about your trouble.  I didn't have any issues.  I'm not sure whether this install prompts you to acknowledge/approve the loading of gauges --I installed a few aircraft at the same time (a couple of Carenado Cessnas and A2A's Cub) and had to click on a whole bunch of those prompts, but I don't remember whether any of them were from Iris.  Any chance of redownloading it and reinstalling?

Ive tried reinstalling.  same issues.

The aircraft has now worked two out of four times.  Twice my system became unstable and I got "FSX has encountered a fatal error and must close" and twice I was able to click OK through all of the errors and getthe plane going.

Its really a nice plane to fly.  I absolutely love it.  I really want to solve the gauge problems though.

It doesnt appear to be in the panel or gauges folders though.  I think theyare built into the model. not sure.

I get "Error: Undefined simulation variable:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT;1" and then "Error: Invalid variable name:PAYLOAD STATION WEIGHT;1". it does that a total of about thirty times. (if it makes it)

Do you have FSX Acceleration?  what are you running?

I'm running Acceleration on Win 7 64-bit.  You said you had reinstalled the plane, but did you try to redownload the executable?  Mine is 86.7 MB (or 88,790 KB depending on where you look) and the file version is supposed to be 2.0.0.31.  I got my copy from the FlightSim Store.

otter - I just redownloaded the plane so Ill try that method and see what I get.  The file I have now is 88,790 bytes so I think its OK.

what Ive discovered is that my way of simming doesnt work for me with this aircraft.  I nearly always load a saved flight and then change aircraft.  What I discovered is that I have to select this aircraft in the main window before I enter the sim and then I just choose 'cancel' to ignore all errors and that seems to work.  If I enter the sim first and then select the aircraft, all those error messages seem to get 'lost' in full screen mode and FSX encounters a 'fatal error'.

Im satisfied that I now have a reliable way to fly this plane.  I just have to change my way of doing things.

thanks for your help.

Archived