Orbx Nantucket and snow

tgycgijoes

I have just opened Island Airlines Virtual for business but this is not a plug for pilots though any new ones would be welcome.  Today I made my first flight in the winter from Nantucket KACK to Hyanisport KHYA a 20 minute flight that we schedule all day.  No one on VATSIM so I flew with FSX ATC.  Got taxi instructions to Rwy 6.  The scenery is really nice with mounds of show that the plow has pushed aside on the taxiways.  When I got to runway 6 though there was a big problem, the plow did not plow Runway 6 it was blocked with snow.  If you look from Top down view there IS no snow on it.  it.  Any ideas as to why it was not plowed?  I have never run into this before.  I use Sim Physics to enhance conditions to be more realistic is there something going on there?  I have not contacted them.

Snow On Rwy 6.jpg

I thought that this was Orbx Nantucket when in fact it was the FSX default airport which still doesn't explain why the runway wasn't plowed, but that is neither here or there now.  I checked the SCENERY tab and my FSX KACK was not checked.  When I checked it all the snow went away except for a few patches.  I am going back there today on a flight on our schedule from KHYA to KACK this morning.  I am also going to activate REX and check real weather in KACK to see how much snow there is there.  Admin can close this as SOLVED.  Sorry for the confusion.

Archived