Missing Connection

Michael369

Hi guys,

I've previously bought Florida, and three more scenery during those last days.

Orbx Central was working until yesterday, even if the connection speed wasn't very fast. Today, the center completely stopped working, and it is returning a communication error message (please, see attachment). 

I've tried to uninstall the software, clean all the related directories, and install it again, nothing has changed. So, I am not able to download all my purchases.

The log file shows a communication problem, please check.

Thank you so much for your collaboration and support.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  MacOS Catalina

Simulator:  X-Plane

Screenshot:  In attachment

Issue:  Missing Connection

Screen Shot 2020-02-29 at 7.58.36 PM.jpg

central.log

Hello!

It appears something is listening on the same network port that Orbx Central uses for its download process.

2020-02-29T19:07:56.436Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Attempting to listen on 127.0.0.1:6729
2020-02-29T19:07:56.436Z [INFO] [Saturn] - Could not start listening
2020-02-29T19:07:56.436Z [INFO] [Saturn] - System.Net.Sockets.SocketException (48): Address already in use

Can you try restarting your Mac and then run Orbx Central? If that doesn't work, try closing all other running apps.

Hi Mitchell,

thanks for you reply.

I tried few times before to write you, today finally it worked.

I started downloading Florida HD, installed in MyLibrary, but I got severa error message (unpacking/installing issues). Then I tried the Verify Files option few times. Many files were fixed, but still I have some error message that seem not want to disappear. 

At this point, I'd like to try manual download for other products. Could you please tell me which is the procedure to install the dowloaded files? Really appreciated, thanks!

But Florida HD seems not having this option. Any other way to fix/work around this issue?

Thank you!

3 hours ago, Michael369 said:

At this point, I'd like to try manual download for other products. Could you please tell me which is the procedure to install the dowloaded files? Really appreciated, thanks!

But Florida HD seems not having this option. Any other way to fix/work around this issue?

Manual downloads have been discontinued for new products as they were not used very often (and it likely wouldn't resolve this issue).

If you do have a product with a manual download, in Orbx Central you can press 'Install via Manual Download' and then navigate to the downloaded f.c4 file. Central will then extract and convert the files as necessary. 

image.png

Archived