Unwanted Update Downloads?

Jim Robinson

My primary sim is P3D v4 but I also have an old installation of FSXA (Gold) installed with some Orbx products from the good ole FSS days and even some ancient dev copies of a few products from my days as a developer/beta tester here. Couple weeks ago Orbx Central detected that FTX Global, 65S Bonners Ferry, and FTX NRM needed updates in FSX. I have "manual downloads" for 65S and Global which I used to install these into P3D v4 successfully so there's really no need to consume several Gb of bandwidth on yours and my end downloading these superfluous updates (I know Orbx Central has no way of knowing that but I can't seem to find a way to tell it, lol). I don't want to mess with my FSX installation right now, one day I'd like to start with a clean install and add all my Orbx stuff just so I have a 32 bit platform to run 32 bit add-ons like the Eaglesoft Citation X. I still want to use Orbx Central in P3D v4 however every time I start it it begins downloading these damn updates for FSX.

Here's what I've tried so far to get Central to forget about FSX for the time being:

-set auto-updating to "off" in Orbx Central

-specifically disabled the 3 above mentioned products on the auto-update page in Central

-Renamed the FSX folder "Microsoft Flight Simulator X.off"

-deleted the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0 registry key (after making a backup)

-deleted the AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central folder (after making a backup)

-uninstalled and reinstalled Orbx Central

After all that FSX is no longer listed in Central as a sim selection anymore yet it persists attempting to download these updates for FSX! There must be a .cfg file or a reg entry or something I can edit or delete that's telling it to download these updates on startup but I'll be damned if I can find it. Where is it? How do I make it stop?

To be clear this problem started before the update to 4.1.1 and persists in the new version as well. Attached is the log file from AppData\Roaming\Orbx\Central prior to deleting everything and reinstalling Central.

Thanks,

Jim

Operating system:  Win 7

Simulator:  P3D v4, FSXA

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

central.log

Never mind, I deleted my %temp% files and it seems to have given up on updating FSX. Apparently job-cache.json was telling Central what to do(?). Anyway now Central works normally recognizing P3D v4 only, it just updated my Orbxlibs to v19.7.0 so it appears all is well now. We can mark this resolved, thanks.

Jim

Archived