True Earth GB Transition Issues

ronharr

I have all 3 TEGB sceneries installed using recommended settings. The problem I experience is on transitioning from one scenery zone, say GB North to GB Central. The displayed scenery before transition is fine but upon transition the scenery blurs terribly, buildings disappear and airports are black silhouettes against the blurred background. If I have set a destination airport, say EGLL, under these conditions the airport is obliterated with very rudimentary runways appearing. I have verified all the files I can think of including object flow, libraries etc to no avail. It is as if the scenery is not “catching up” when the transition takes place and does not ever catch up thereafter.

My OrbX files are all located by link from my P3D v4.5 (which is on an SSD) to another internal 4TB SSD. Both SSDs are Samsung and fast. The links are SATA 6 Gb/s. My system CPU is an Intel 9900K running at 4.8GHz, with 64GB of onboard RAM, two 2080Ti graphics card feeding a single monitor.

Any ideas on what I must do to remedy this problem? I don’t have any add-ons that I suspect lie behind this issue, which does not occur outside of TEGB.
Ronh

I fixed this problem by completely uninstalling and then reinstalling all my True Earth GB scenery (including its library files). Why this would effect a cure for the transition problem I have no idea. If this solution has appeared elsewhere in the forum, I couldn't find it. I hope if anyone else encounters the issue, this fix will work for you too.

Downloading the scenery and reinstalling was a bit of an issue with constant breaks and reconnects by the server. It seems that the ongoing sale put a toll on the connection.

Ronh

Archived