unhandled exception with demo

Hi Everyone

This is my first post so please be gentle.  Recently I downloaded the Tassie demo, I was running XP home.  The demo loads but I cannot get FTX Central to start, it says "unhandled exception".  Due to other FSX problems (not associated with FSX), including the dreaded DirectX issues, I decided to completely reformat my drive & loaded another windows, XP professional.  FSX & FTX demo for NA are the first things I have loaded on my system & I am still unable to start FTX Central. Any ideas?

Hi there,

If your using Windows XP then you will need to update your .net framework to 3.5 to use any ORBX apps

Download the dotNetFx35setup.exe from the link below and run it - it will check to see if your .NET has been updated to 3.5 yet

Once the application has finished downloading its components, you will be at .NET 3.5

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=333325FD-AE52-4E35-B531-508D977D32A6&displaylang=en

Thanks Tim!

Can't thank you enough for solving my problem so quickly.  I'm looking forward to trying the demo & then building my collection. The Youtube videos look stunning.

Thanks again Tim

All the best

Greeny

Archived