Duplicate Scenery Entry after Library Migration

Humbie

Hello,

Just found something in my P3D V4 scenery library, which looks like a duplicate entry and I want to ask, if it can be manually removed, or not.

After FTX Central V4 release, I used the suggested migration method to move all ORBX products from my P3DV4 installation to a separate disk.

I'm pretty sure that this is just a leftover from the migration ,but nor sure. I marked the entry with a red circle in the screenshot and the duplicate is the next one.

I hope I found the correct sub-forum.

Thanks a lot in advance for your advise/hints.

Regards,

Torsten

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 10 Pro 1909

Simulator:  P3D V4.5.13.32097

Screenshot:  Attached

Issue:  Duplicate scenery entry after migration

Anmerkung 2020-02-15 080551.png

Hi Torsten,

This is covered in the Orbx Central User Guide:

I see duplicate Orbx entries with numbers in their title (e.g ORBX!OPENLC_zBASE (2))
This is normal to see when installing certain products into libraries. When installed into the simulator, some products (like openLC) would've installed some of their files into the same folder as other products. When installed into a library, all the products are split apart into self-contained packages. Due to this, each product will have its own copy of those folders. Orbx Central handles these automatically and this is why you will see numbers after some entries.

You don't need to make any changes and your products should still function correctly.

to add to this, I also have this issue where when I activate/deactivate a new scenery using a config manager the placement of all orbx addons get jumbled up I need to each and everytime go to orb central and sync simulator for the entries to be aligned again..

Archived