Migration of sceneries to library creates SODE log errors

aua668

Hi,

Here is something for your developers. I have migrated my products to a library. This worked well. But now I have for two airports (CAE3 and CAG8) errors in the SODE log. I analyzed the problem and found the solution. SODE checks all add-on directories for simobject configuration files. It reads this information out of the add-on.xml file. These two sceneries have references to simobjects pointing to a path starting with "ORBX\...". This worked fine as long as the ORBX directory have been in the main simulator folder. When the add-on is installed in another place, you have to use the syntax ".\ORBX\..." to specify, the location of the simobject configuration file relative to the add-on.xml file. Changing the entries remove the errors.

The simulator itself obviously can handle this correctly in both variants, as both variants are allowed values according to the P3D SDK:

The folder path of the component to be loaded. By default the path is relative to the directory of the add-on.xml file. However, absolute paths are allowed.

Obviously SODE does not completely handle this correct for the variant without beginning ".\". They look in that case in the main simulator folder. I will inform them. But maybe you can use the syntax with ".\" on the beginning by default to avoid SODE errors until they fix it. As you now also provide SODE, it would be fine if you could resolve this minor issue. But I hate errors in my log files, as they always show, that something is not installed perfectly.

Rgds

Reinhard

Operating system:  WIN10

Simulator:  P3D 4.5 latest version

SODE 1.6.5 

Hello,

While this is caused by our add-on.xmls, as you've described we're correctly using the add-on specification provided by Lockheed Martin. As this is a very minor issue, we aren't likely to update Orbx Central to address it. If SODE is updated to support it, we'll update the version we distribute accordingly.

Hi,

I have posted the finding also in the SODE forum. Let's hope, they address this issue. Maybe you also can request them to check this. Your voice as an supplier using their software might have more weight than that of a simple user ;-)

The issue is not that small: As SODE doesn't find the directory, your simobjects using SODE won't work at all.

BR

Reinhard

Archived