FTX AI Traffic missing files

Hi. I´m new to this forum. Hope to get some good flying across AU, did my first real lessons from Hoxton Park and Bankstown when I visited some years ago.

But I encountered an issue when installing FTX AI, I get: Error retrieving [Main] section: The given key was not present in dictionary (roughly tranlated from Danish). I OK that, then I get FTX 2.0 has been successfully installed. I make sure to untick in the control panel. But there´s no action at YSSY at all (midday summer).

I´m going through the pinned guide for making the traffic work (not a single ac in YSSY), and I notice the SimObjectPaths.6=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT was not in my cfg, so I added it. So far, so good.

Now what I seem to be missing, compared to screenie, is the AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX_ALT.BGL in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder. And in the Scenery Library there´s just the default stuff.

I´m using FSX Accel., Win 7 HP 64 bit.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Anyone got a clue what´s missing in the puzzle?

Regards

Bjorn

No, my installation is bare boned, so to speak. I´ve dealt a lot with getting FSX up and running smoothly and with good FPS (and I´ll say, the Q9650 has done a lot!). So, this is my first attempt at adding planes, airports etc. I´ve had this traffic running in an earlier rig on XP 32 bit by the way.

Since it launches from an installer I presume I don´t have to manually edit the scenery library, or am I wrong here?

And thanks for the warm welcome! ;)

Yes, I have.

I´m going through the pinned guide for making the traffic work (not a single ac in YSSY), and I notice the SimObjectPaths.6=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT was not in my cfg, so I added it. So far, so good.

Now what I seem to be missing, compared to screenie, is the AF2_FSX_YSNF_ADE_ORBX_ALT.BGL in the Scenery/World/Scenery folder.

After installing HolgerMesh the traffic is there! If HM was a prerequisite I must have missed that part, sorry if I wasted your time, gentlemen. But it´s great to putter around the taxi ways of YSSY in the Tiger Moth gazing up at huge Quantas 747´s 8)

Just installed the Tasmanian free demo, if it doesn´t kill my frame rate I´ll have a go at Blue. Thanks for your support never the less!

Archived