FTX AU traffic query

I have downlaoded FTX AU traffic. I have YMLT, YLIL and YRED installed (YMLT was through the demo) but for some reason i only see the (GA) aircraft that those three airports supply, no Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar or tiger etc. I was thinking do i need a major airport (e.g. Melbourne) for me to get the AI traffic from that airport so all the international and domestic commercial flights get activated.

Please help  :'(, i just recently bought the AUS SP3 DVD and its fantastic i just want to have my favourite airliners and GA aircraft flying around =)

;D ;D ;D ;D

much would be appreciated!!!

I have downlaoded FTX AU traffic. I have YMLT, YLIL and YRED installed (YMLT was through the demo) but for some reason i only see the (GA) aircraft that those three airports supply, no Qantas, Virgin, Jetstar or tiger etc. I was thinking do i need a major airport (e.g. Melbourne) for me to get the AI traffic from that airport so all the international and domestic commercial flights get activated.

Please help  :'(, i just recently bought the AUS SP3 DVD and its fantastic i just want to have my favourite airliners and GA aircraft flying around =)

;D ;D ;D ;D

much would be appreciated!!!

Hi

I think only Launceston has commercial aircraft going there (Virgin 737 and QantasLink Dash-8), and you need to be there at a certain time of day to see them. Try going to a large airport like Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane ;) heaps of commercial traffic at Sydney

Good luck

Hi,

Have a read here: http://orbxsystems.com/forums/index.php?topic=7918.0

Main thing is to check for the following bold line in your FSX.cfg:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT

I think only Launceston has commercial aircraft going there (Virgin 737 and QantasLink Dash-8), and you need to be there at a certain time of day to see them. Try going to a large airport like Sydney, Melbourne or Brisbane ;) heaps of commercial traffic at Sydney

Good luck

(Posted by: deccas1391)

I have looked at YMML, YBBN, YSSY, YPPH, YPDN mainly everywhere but i cant find a thing i also looked at the other thing posted by Meatycus but i can't find my FSX.cfg file but it is activated in my sceanary library. Do i need the Orbx libraries??

Please help do i need to re-download or something???

:'(

Thanks

To see hidden files:

1. Click Start, point to All Programs, and then click Windows Explorer

2. On the Tools menu in Windows Explorer, click Folder Options.

3. Click the View tab.

4. Under Hidden files and folders, click Show hidden files and folders.

Then browse to C:\Documents and Settings\Application Data\(Your Windows User Name)\Microsoft\FSX

Open up your FSX.cfg with Notepad

Look for the [Main] section and check it looks the same as below:

[Main]

User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter

SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes

SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft

SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles

SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats

SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals

SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc

SimObjectPaths.6=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT

If it doesn't, then copy-paste in the SimObjectPaths.6=ORBX\FTX_AU\FTXAI_AIRCRAFT line as shown above

Save and close FSX.cfg

Start up FSX and check AI is active..suggest somewhere busy like YSSY, YMML, YBBN

Archived