BUG REPORT - EGNM - ATC routes too close to parking bays

Hi all,

Sorry to stack a load of bugs in, but after sorting Traffic Global AI issue at EGLC with Jon, I'm checking the rest now to make sure they're all working. (On the airports I own anyway.)

There's a common theme with all of them, which is the ATC routes are taken right up to the parking bays. The problem is, this interferes with X-Planes auto logic, which diverts the aircraft from the ATC route at the appropriate point and auto parks it. It's also interfering with Traffic Global and causing spawn failures.

EGNM only has such an issue with Gate 3, however, in the spirit of best practice, I've moved all of the ATC routes back a little from their respective bays as per the X-Plane developers guidelines. (See Final Tips)

ATC routes before:

iBgH75A.png

ATC routes after:

u8ubPSg.png

This now allows AI to spawn properly again. Jon has more information based on EGLC as well with actual apt.dat examples.

Thanks,

Mark.

Hi all,

I'm still experiencing issue with this airport, still getting very limited to no AI from traffic global so the taxiways being too close to the ramps isn't the only problem. 

Examining the log from Traffic Global, it's full of different versions of this:

Failed to allocate class C parking for JFAI_737_800_Ryanair at EGNM
2020-01-15 21:32:22 : Removing EI-LLC, route planning failed : Parking at Leeds Bradford was required but not available.
2020-01-15 21:32:22 : Removing EI-LLC, can't plan a route.

After checking again it's finally dawned on me what the issue is. Nearly every ramp bar 1 has been assigned 'Props' only as the traffic type. This is preventing almost all types of traffic spawning, because there's nowhere for it.

It's also failing to allocate Class D Jet2 757's because there are no Class D ramps.

• Gate 3
    • Size = B
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 3 (This gate is in there twice)
    • Size = B
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 9
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 21A
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 13
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 10
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Multiflight West Apron
    • Size = A
    • Type = Props
  • Multiflight West Apron (This gate is in there twice)
    • Size = A
    • Type = Jets, TurbpProps, Props (the one gate that has all three in and it's a size A only. This won't really work either.)
  • Multiflight East Apron
    • Size = B
    • Type = Jets
  • Multiflight Central Apron
    • Size = A
    • Type = Props
  • Multiflight West Apron
    • Size = A
    • Type = Props
  • Multiflight West Apron
    • Size = A
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 21C
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 20
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 18
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 15
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 14
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 12
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 11
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 8
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 7
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 6
    • Size = C
    • Type = Props
  • Gate 5
    • Size = B
    • Type = Props

I would imagine, although happy to be corrected not knowing the real airport that well, that these should also include Turbo Prop and Jet.  Having made this change in my version I now have an airport full of traffic again.

And a bit more info on my original point, the reason I think the ATC routes are too close to the gate, especially gate 3, is because this message shows as it does for EGLC.

2020-01-11 20:28:14 : Removing parking spot Stand 3 at Leeds Bradford (EGNM) because it's only 0.00m from a taxiway.

Thanks,

Mark.

6 hours ago, Greg Jones said:

Hmm,

If that's the case then that's my oversight.

It worked quite happily in testing but I'll check it out and we'll work up a patch as soon as we're able.

Cheers,

Greg

To be honest @Greg Jones I could have sworn I’ve seen traffic there before as well.

When I looked at the gate 3 issue, I’m sure there was traffic there otherwise I’d have noticed. 

However, thinking about it, I’ve upgraded Traffic Global since testing Gate 3 and noticing no traffic last night.

Maybe they’ve made it respect ramp size more now or something.

Cheers,

Mark.

Archived