Scenery.cfg

uwiuke

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  Windows 7 - 64 bit

Simulator:  P3DV4.5

Screenshot:  

Issue:  Central can't find my scenery.cfg

Dear Ladies and Gentlemen,

I do nearly everything you described here in the forum to this issue, but Central is not able to find my scenery.cfg.

There is defenitely only one scenery.cfg on my C-Drive. The location of the file is:   C:\ProgramData\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v4

Starting P3DV4 after deleting the scenery.cfg file creates a new one without any error messages in P3DV4.

Nevertheless Central isn't able to find my scenery.cfg (see the pictures below).

Why isn't it possible to say Central manually where the scenery.cfg-file is like in other options in Central. This is absolutely customer unfriendly.

(BTW: On my second PC Central find the scenery.cfg-file in absolutely the same File-System-Location without any problems. Either if in the File-Systems many scenery.cfg-Files exist).

Thank you for your help

Regards

Uwe

Central_01.JPG

Central_02.JPG

central_log.txt

Hi!

This doesn't appear to be an issue with scenery.cfg, and instead an issue with the Orbx Central Worker. This is most often caused by missing system requirements.

Firstly, uninstall Orbx Central and then install it again from https://orbxdirect.com/central

Then install the following:

Windows

Windows 7 SP1+, Windows 8.1 and Windows 10 are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

Thank you for your help. I very appreciate that.

But  I installed the first 3 components again but vor Windows 7 the additional 2 files are not existing any more. Try it yourself.

What could I do now ?

Regards Uwe

An update to my issue:

I found a way to update Win 7 to Win 10 without buying the software.

With Win 10 Central and all functions are working very well. Maybe tell your customers, that with Win 7 Central 4 isn't recommended.

Regards Uwe 

Archived