Is FTX Central v3.3.9.2 no more ?

MZee1960

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Operating system:  W7 SP1

Simulator:  FSX

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

I just purchased KORS and KAVX on Dec.31st for FSX.  Both are 'older' sceneries by Orbx, and I understand do not require the new 'Central' for download/install.

The FTX Central v3 I still use worked fine two weeks ago to install WA79, 0S9, and 1S2 without issues, so I opted not to switch to the 'new' Central just yet.

Today, both KORS and KAVX downloads are stuck and constantly say  "Paused" when I call them up to be installed via FTX Central.  No progress bar, nothing. 

I had the "Paused" message before on a few occassions, but only for a few seconds, then all resumed and all downloaded/installed fine.

On numerous occassions in the past month, I was debating to switch to the new 'Central', but after reading through this forum, I have opted to delay the switch to later, hopefully waiting for the issues to be ironed out. Now I find myself with two new purchases and no clear cut surefire way to download/install them. BTW, I only have 2 non-Orbx sceneries installed - RAF West Malling (which came with RealAir Spitfire) and the freeware Locher Airfield. My FSX SP1 & 2 is otherwise a simple, clean install, with REX, UT2, and about two dozen addon aircraft.

I really don't want to make a mess of anything inside FSX, and am wondering whether to proceed with 'Central', or if FTX Central v3.3.9.2 will be back and running shortly ? 

After all, it worked two weeks ago, and the download link is still active https://orbxdirect.com/ftxcentral

Sorry about the near duplicate post (I also have a similar one in FTX Central forum).

I just felt this was also relevant to any 'Central' users contemplating a temporary switch back. 

Hi!

A majority of the common issues users have encountered with Orbx Central have been resolved. Many of these issues only applied to Prepar3D v4, and as you are a FSX user the configuration logic is virtually the same. It is now far more stable than FTX Central 3, and FTX Central 3 will start to be phased out in the near future. Switching to Orbx Central is simple and shouldn't cause any issues. It will recognize the products you already have installed.

The only configuration that may be required is setting your insertion point again (if you have a custom one set).

If you do encounter any issues, we'll be here to sort it out for you.

For troubleshooting the actual issue with FTX Central 3, your topic in the FTX Central forum will be the place to discuss that.

Archived