New Super Hornets

Jasmckee

hi guys, well fresh from their flight from nz, and being lead by the retiring f-111's the F-18's did a fly buy over our place, here are the undedited pics, they arn't that flash, due to the sky and light conditions,

enjoy

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Jason

Cool photo's mate! I happened to be in Woolloongabba at the time, I must say it was an awesome display..

Flinty72, what its all about is the F-111 fleet is about to be retired to be replaced by the Super Hornets, these are our first of many to arrive. Amberley is the offical home base I believe. Unfortunately this means the good ol' dump'n'burn is now a thing of the past.

Lost In Isaan, I think it might just be the location and angle the shots were taken from. From my vantage point they were in perfect formation.

But again it was awesome, the whole thing only lasted a matter of seconds though and it was all over. The Super Hornets (or the Rhino's as the RAAFies dub them) were quite a bit louder than the F-111's. Pure heaven for aviation buffs like me, probably anguish for those who live under their new flights paths.

I have a friend who's a RAAF'Y and is based at Amberley. He was a sort of tour guide for some V.I.P's out there today for the ceremony. I'll have to talk to him later about it.

Wade

thanks guys, it just happened that my wife told me, i was home at the time (waiting outside with camera ready) even then they did sneak up on us a little.

i live in forest lake, right beside the centenary highway, and yes he was a little out of formation.  as said by others, the noise, stilll gives me goose bumps. they must have been all of 100-150 ft off the ground over our place awesome show of new and old, look forward to when i am out at amberley when they are doing touch and goes!!

jason

Archived