Best way to back up sceneries with OC

JoseCFII

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Josh Koz

Hi @JoseCFII,

FTX Central 3 will be deprecated soon and backups created for FTX Central 3 aren't compatible with Orbx Central. There are two options available.

If you have backups enabled in Orbx Central, you can migrate the products installed via FTX Central 3 into a library. This will result in Orbx Central using the new package format for the product and allow for backups to be created for the product upon reinstall.

The other option is to download a manual zip of the products from OrbxDirect from your account page. These manual zips can then be installed using the "Install via Manual Download" button in Orbx Central.

13 hours ago, Josh Koz said:

Hi @JoseCFII,

FTX Central 3 will be deprecated soon and backups created for FTX Central 3 aren't compatible with Orbx Central. There are two options available.

If you have backups enabled in Orbx Central, you can migrate the products installed via FTX Central 3 into a library. This will result in Orbx Central using the new package format for the product and allow for backups to be created for the product upon reinstall.

The other option is to download a manual zip of the products from OrbxDirect from your account page. These manual zips can then be installed using the "Install via Manual Download" button in Orbx Central.

Hi Josh,

Thank for your response. I'm fully OC integrated now, but I still do not have most of my sceneries backed up with OC.

I'm wondering if I can just delte the doc, and ask OC to reinstall? It should search for the files and see that they are all there and simply perform a back. This is what FTX v3 used to do. Will this backup option work for OC?

Thanks.

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @JoseCFII,

A complete uninstall then reinstall of the scenery will result in Orbx Central creating a backup. If you already have the files in place Orbx Central won't download anything and a backup won't be created.

Archived