question for video makers

sylvester243

what i would like to have is a camera at the opposite end of the runway that i take off from so that the plane flys overhead but cant find how to do this

You can do that with this tool: http://www.arccpro.narod.ru/index_page20.htm

It's the freeware predecessor to the EZCA payware that was released recently.

Instructions:

1, Start the EZ Walk application and put your aircraft where you would like to position the camera.

2. Then click the "Place Camera" button in the application and restart FSX.

3. Now there is a camera at the aircraft's last position , that you can activate by right clicking the mouse and selecting it from the menu.

4. When the EZ Walk application is running in the background you can freely move this camera with the mouse, the arrow keys and the Page Up/Down keys. When it's not running you can still control the view direction by holding down Space or pressing CTRL+O and moving the mouse.

5. In the application you can also set some parameters for movements speeds and smoothing to tailor the camera for your needs.

Guest J van E

Or you can use the freeware FsRecorder, which offers the same possibilities without having to reload FSX for each new camera  ;) You can get it at http://www.fs-recorder.net/

I think those options are FS2004 only... Don't know what sylvester243 uses, though!

The current version of FsRecorder (2.0 beta 4) offers the ability to create, modify, load and save various camera definitions (cockpit, tower, spot) on the fly without having to reload FSX. This version is a real bonanza, compared to it's previous versions. I.e. there is a new menu entry called 'advanced play' where you can load several recorded flights simultaneously, add timeshifts, modify liveries and select the plane of your choice you want to fly. You should give it a try :)

thankyou for your help everyone but i am still stuck

the first link which was offered does not work for me, i get some strange language which looks russian, possibly saying error code 404 of page not found.

the other choice of fs-recorder either does not do what i am looking for or i am doing something wrong (probablly me).

i set the camera where i want it as suggested in the post but the camera still follows the plane.

i would like a fixed camera which will not move (other than pan or zoom) at the opposite end of the runway, so as the plane comes from the distance then to fly overhead. everything i seem to try either with fsx or the new fs-recorder has the camera follow the plane no matter where i put it and using the free camera of fs-recorder sends it crazy

Right now I'm not at home, but I can try to describe the steps from my memory.

Start at your target airport, place your aircraft at the position where you want your camera to be located and go into the default virtual cockpit mode.

Now you go to the fsrecorder menu and add a new tower camera. This camera will automatically become the actual tower camera, but you view doesn't change, because right now this camera is only created, but not selected.

If you didn't change the default keys, you simply have to press 'v' to set this tower cam to the actual position of your aircraft. Or you can go into the fsrecorder menu and choose 'edit camera'. There is a button in the next screen where you can set the location of the camera to the position of your aircraft.

Next you have to activate this camera by selecting this view. Probably you won't see anything, because actually the camera is in the middle of your airplane. Just move your plane with the slew mode or using some throttle.

Now you should see your aircraft, and the camera will stay at it's location, following every move of your aircraft. To stop autopanning you only have you use the cooliehat of your joystick and to reactivate autopanning you must press ctrl+w.

You always can change the location of the camera by moving your aircraft to the choosen position and pressing the 'v' button.

Remember, this description is only from my memory, so if you have further problems I can help to out in about 10 hours when my job is done  ;)

Cheers, Andreas

If you really want to make good FSX films then buy the latest EZdock camera utility, you can customise it to suit your needs and have as many cameras as you want on the runway pointing in any direction you want.

Hers the link for the support forum, maybe of help

http://www.simforums.com/forums/forum_topics.asp?FID=39

Redeye

I don't want to sell anything to you - because it's freeware :) - but I can asure you that you can do the same with fsrecorder, except those shaking effects. I think both, EZCA and fsrecorder have their pro's and con's.

Just an additional note: I also bought EZCA and I'm more than satisfied with this tool  ;D

Cheers, Andreas

Archived