Mesh/Scenery Troubleshooting

BobH_SLO

I'm having dueling terrain issues.  I have PFJ and PAKT and I'm getting objects from both.  I load a saved flight and start on the runway. But there is another runway above me 50' or so. The view from the bottom runway is distorted but the top runway is OK. I can probably work around this by just "going" to the airport in the case of PAKT. But at PANT I have same issue but the top runway is not landable, I fly right through the top runway. The view from top and bottom are distorted.

-------------------

In another case I tried to turn off all layers and FTXAA_ORBXLIBS to try and use FSX default. The mesh at runway level is bad with some hillsides on the runway. 

PAKT Default image showing problem. (Can't find an Imgur url that works.) The "hillside" is likely the proper elevation for the Orbx PAKT.

I know PAKT is bi-level, and Orbx PAKT models that, but I have all my scenery checked to Off. Where is that mesh (if that is the proper term) coming from? Is there a way to discover the source?

I own Ultimate Alaska X but I don't think I ran it on this FSX:SE fresh install. Opps, I do have files:

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\UtAkMesh\Scenery\mesh_LOD4-10_Alaska_N54-58_W129-137_SES.bgl"

"C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\UtAkCities\Scenery\PAKT_AP.BGL" very small file.

I have  "C:\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX\scenery\World\scenery\ADE_FTX_PFJ_PAKT_elevation_adjustment.BGL" That may be getting loaded.

I don't have any Steam scenery DLC, only a couple of a/c.

------------------

I turned on Orbx PFJ and PAKT, and reloaded scenery lib. If I "go to" PAKT I'm placed on the PJF runway at 132 ft with distorted views.. If I slew up I'm on a hard surface runway  at 194 ft. which looks like the Orbx PAKT runway and views are OK.  I think the FSX default was around 50'

Why are both layer getting loaded?

--------------------

Is there a tool that will report all objects that were loaded and active for any given point?  For example I could position over the misplaced terrain and do a query that tells me what objects were used at that location. 

-------------------

Thanks!

Archived