Still hesitating

michaelth

My system runs well with the old FTX Central. The Orbx subdirectory has grown to 178 GB over the years. If I take the step to the new Orbx Central and move the Orbx data out of the P3D directory (and maybe to a second SSD), will P3D become faster?

Thank you,

Michael

Hi Michael,

The speed difference will be negligible when moving Orbx data out of the P3D directory. You can move to Orbx Central though, as it is backwards compatible with products installed into FTX Central.

With Orbx Central you'll be given a choice on where to install new products and can choose between the P3D directory (just like FTX Central 3 did) or an external directory (known as an Orbx Library in Central).

There is a problem in connection with the Captain7 EDAH Usedom freeware scenery for P3Dv4: before installing Orbx Central, it was the uppermost scenery entry as recommended by the author. Now that the sort order has been modified by Orbx Central, I fall through the apron because the airport surroundings are elevated. I also have Orbx Germany North. Airport elevation correction did not help. Should I enable Legacy layering?

Michael

central.log old_scenery.cfg scenery.cfg

Archived