Downloading after install Orbx Central?

DrumsArt

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations, or by pressing Control + Shift + L.

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

You can delete this box/quote once your log is attached

Hi,

I just installed the latest version of Orbx Central (I had FTX version 3).

-1 Without my request, Orbx Central started downloading all my products (which were already installed via FTX 3).

-2 Is that normal? (just in case I just paused the download of the Global Base pack).

-3 Orbx central reinstalls all my products when they are already installed? I don't understand.

-4 Very important note: I want to keep my installation as it was with FTX 3. That is, in the P3Dv4 directory.

-5 What should I do now? Can I fly right away?

EDIT: I would add that I have already disabled Auto Updates. So? Ok, last minute: I closed OC and then reopened it. As a result he resumed downloading Global and now he has started downloading Vector just now, whereas I had disabled Auto Updates!!!! Please what does not work with this ORBX Central version?

Thank you and Regards,

Richard

Operating system:  W7U64

Simulator:  P3Dv4.5ht2

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Hi Richard,

2 hours ago, DrumsArt said:

-1 Without my request, Orbx Central started downloading all my products (which were already installed via FTX 3).

These would be products that are outdated.

-2 Is that normal? (just in case I just paused the download of the Global Base pack).

Yes.

-3 Orbx central reinstalls all my products when they are already installed? I don't understand.

It isn't reinstalling them, its updating them. There has been updates to quite a few products and these updates are not available via FTX Central 3.

-4 Very important note: I want to keep my installation as it was with FTX 3. That is, in the P3Dv4 directory.

You can, when installing new products simply press 'Simulator' when asked where to install it.

-5 What should I do now? Can I fly right away?

Nothing, everything is backwards compatible and you should be good to go!

EDIT: I would add that I have already disabled Auto Updates. So? Ok, last minute: I closed OC and then reopened it. As a result he resumed downloading Global and now he has started downloading Vector just now, whereas I had disabled Auto Updates!!!! Please what does not work with this ORBX Central version?

Orbx Central automatically resumes installations that were in progress the last time Orbx Central was closed. To stop these, press 'X' on each of the products in the Download Queue.

On 12/4/2019 at 4:14 AM, Mitchell Williamson said:

Hi Richard,

These would be products that are outdated.

Yes.

It isn't reinstalling them, its updating them. There has been updates to quite a few products and these updates are not available via FTX Central 3.

You can, when installing new products simply press 'Simulator' when asked where to install it.

Nothing, everything is backwards compatible and you should be good to go!

Orbx Central automatically resumes installations that were in progress the last time Orbx Central was closed. To stop these, press 'X' on each of the products in the Download Queue.

Hi Mitchell,

Thank you for your prompt answer. Seems all fine now...

Regards,

Richard

Archived