Blast from the Past: the P-47 Thunderbolt

Patrick...

Congratulations, you just closed the deal for me to finally pull the plug on the Accu-Sim P47. I have been holding off for so long, but man I can't anymore! Just spent my lunch time watching old War Department P47 training films and I could almost see myself in the cockpit.

I surrender. I was holding off for the one day release of a Accu-Sim Mustang, but the heck with that. I need a speed and power fix.

Great piccies.  8)

You inspirec me to take my P47 for a spin, but I tried it twice and both times it cause a BSOD, was not impressed and gave up with FSX for the night. Rather miffed as I was rather looking forward to a flight in PNW, was working fine last time I used it.  :(

Thank you!

Congratulations, you just closed the deal for me to finally pull the plug on the Accu-Sim P47. I have been holding off for so long, but man I can't anymore! Just spent my lunch time watching old War Department P47 training films and I could almost see myself in the cockpit.

I surrender. I was holding off for the one day release of a Accu-Sim Mustang, but the heck with that. I need a speed and power fix.

Hehe, I hope you will not be disappointed. I like it a lot, despite the steep price. ;)

You inspirec me to take my P47 for a spin, but I tried it twice and both times it cause a BSOD, was not impressed and gave up with FSX for the night. Rather miffed as I was rather looking forward to a flight in PNW, was working fine last time I used it.  :(

Sorry to hear that. I hope you will sort out these problems eventually, because it would be fun to fly the P-47 in multiplayer.

Sorry to hear that. I hope you will sort out these problems eventually, because it would be fun to fly the P-47 in multiplayer.

Exactly mate, that crossed my mind when I saw this post. Unfortunately no luck so far, I have re-installed the P-47 over itself and although I thought the problem had gone away I got another BSOD a little while afterwards. Although I don't fly it a great deal I'm rather gutted about it because I always love flying it when I do.  :(

Oh well another nail in the coffin for FSX for me. Yet another problem it seems, P-47 just continuously causes BSOD now. Updated sound card drivers/software, totally removed P-47 and re-installed it. Still getting BSOD. Won't be using that anymore then. From now on I have a policy of it causes problems it will be deleted.  >:(

Oh well another nail in the coffin for FSX for me. Yet another problem it seems, P-47 just continuously causes BSOD now. Updated sound card drivers/software, totally removed P-47 and re-installed it. Still getting BSOD. Won't be using that anymore then. From now on I have a policy of it causes problems it will be deleted.  >:(

With the host of problems you seem to be getting and with the complete absence of problems I'm having I rather suspect something fundamentally wrong either with your Windows installation or, worse, with your hardware. There are just too many independent things going wrong that it could possibly FSX' fault. Deletion policies for innocent addons or even abandoning FSX will certainly not fix that.  You definitely spent too much money on FSX and all the add ons and, more importantly, you are having way too much fun with FSX when it's working to go fatalistic on it instead of trying to find the problem. :(

Patrick,

Having checked the A2A forums I'm suspecting more and more that it's time to ditch my sound card and buy one that has decent drivers. The problems with the BSOD when using the P-47 seem to occur when I flick a switch in the cockpit which in turn causes the relevant sound file to be played. My other problem with my rear speakers cutting in and out also makes me suspect the sound card. Having seem numerous reports about this card in relation to sound problems I'm really thinking it would be my best call of action to replace the sound card and see what happens. I don't like replacing hardware for this kind of reason, but it's seeming more and more like my best option. Obviously I don't want to give up FSX or the P-47, if a next card fixes it then so be it.  ;)

Archived