New Charleston Scenery Stuck won't load

I've installed the new Charleston scenery through Orbx Central and when I launch FSX:SE it builds the new scenery indexes but gets stuck at 6% when trying to load terrain data when loading into the simulator:

image.thumb.png.be299290ceb47c1b4cc7f3e55a1ea276.png

I've tried uninstalling/reinstalling, rebooting, changing the resolution, changing the scenery sliders and nothing, it gets stuck at this point every time. I've given it more than 20 minutes to get beyond this point. When I uncheck the Charleston scenery from the Scenery Library FSX:SE gets through to the program within 2 minutes. Am I missing something?

• 3 months later...

HI! I just purchased Charleston and having the exact same problem.  When it tries to load terrain it stops at 6%.  This is happening on my laptop and PC.  Tried similar same as above and even given it 40 minutes but would not move past 6%.  Has there been a solution.  Sure want Charleston to work since that was my home time for over 25 years.  Any help or ideas would surely be appreciated. 

It appears a  solution has not been found for this problem.  Here is some more  data on my computers. Both use W10 and FSX-SE. No problems with any of the other Orbx scenery, which are many over the years.   Have tried moving Charleston to different locations in the scenery config but still unable to install Chas. terrain.  Uninstalled and Downloaded to try manual install  but not sure how to do that with the file downloaded.  Also tried flying into area before the Charleston area and reaching the Charleston areas all blurries. (Charleston land terrain was unable to install)  When uninstall there is no problem with the area and KCHS. I plan to disable Norton's and firewall just to see what might happen on reinstall..  Would sure like to hear if any others have had similar problems. I guess there is no refund if problem cannot be fixed.

Thanks again.

Problem solved.  Disabled antivirus and firewall and it finally went past the 6% and loaded..  All I can say this is a great job on Charleston as all the Orbx software.  Brings back a  lot of good memories. Even has the update on  the new Cooper river  bridge. 

Archived