Blurry Textures ... again

DanielH

Good afternoon,

unfortunately, I'm finally a member of the blurry ground texture club ...I did a complete reinstall of P3D (fresh download of the complete, latest P3D version). I have deleted all P3D folders and installed everything new. Since a few weeks I'm playing with the settings within P3D, but nothing solves the problem.

After take off and a few minutes of flying, the ground textures are getting more and more blurry and finally are a total disaster. It starts with the city ground textures (the 'land' ground textures are still ok at the beginning, but are also getting very blurry) Also, the autogen is lost. When pausing the P3D and waiting a few seconds, the ground textures and autogen are reloading. So it seems that my settings are too high for my computer... But: Before the reinstall I did not had the problems and had much higher settings.

What have I done: I've limited the frames via NVIDIA to 29 and finally to 24. I've tried Vsync on and off (both nvidia and p3d), but no changes. I did not make any tweaks within the prepar3d.cfg.

What is installed: Latest version of P3D, AS+ASCA, ENVTEX, Tomato and ORBX Global, Vector, LC Europe and Germany North + South. The problems persist in all regions of Europe. Besides, only FSDG Bremen and some Canary Island (MK + Aerosoft) airports are installed.

My system: Intel i7-6700HQ, 16 GB RAM, NVidia Gefore GTX 1070 (GPU load is below 50% all the time). Checked the Taskmanager and the CPU usage is around 60/70% (CPU 0-3 and CPU 7 are around 90%, the other three cores only have a few % usage). For sake of good order, pls find attached my cfg file.

Does anybody have another idea what the problem might be? Thank you all for your assistance!

Best regards

Daniel

Prepar3D.cfg

Without looking into the config and although many will jump here and trying to prove me wrong: you should not use the nVIDIA frame limiter anymore, instead use the internal limiter, accept that you will lose some FPS and gone are your blurries...

Blurries are almost 99% due to overloading your CPU in whatever way, sometimes people exagerate their settings, sometimes it is due to a mis-tweaked config, sometimes due to a multitude of other things.

But you already found the relevant read out yourself: if your GPU is just hovering around 50%, a CPU limit is obvious. Now if I have time to check your config, I might even be able to give you some ideas to lower your CPU load...

Archived