error installing scenery

I have FSX steam, I purchased products a few years back from orbx, and thye all show up and are active on the sim. I just purchased central rockies. I did not have orbx central so i downloaded it, and all my content is there. I go to install the new purchased scenery, click install and it loads for a second, then says i need to install libraries. so i click install on that and it says " ERROR: COULD NOT DOWNLOAD AND SAVE THE MANIFEST"  All my firewall and anti virus are turned off. I manually downloaded the library but when i go to install it it says the same error. Any ideas of how to fix this? 

Hi!

Please attach your Central log file, we cannot continue without it.

Your Central log file provides us important information, please attach it to your support requests. You can find it at the following locations:

• Windows: %APPDATA%/Orbx/Central/central.log
  • macOS: ~/Library/Application Support/Orbx/Central/central.log

• Linux: ~/.config/Orbx/Central/central.log

• You can also find it in Central on the Settings page, under Help

2019-11-15T22:32:51.895Z [INFO] [Central::InstallationService] - Beginning installation of Orbx Libraries
2019-11-15T22:32:51.895Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Installing to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\FSX
2019-11-15T22:32:58.207Z [ERROR] [Central::SocketService] - {"type":"TransportError","description":400}
2019-11-15T22:32:58.207Z [INFO] [Central::SocketService] - Disconnected from Socket.IO.
2019-11-15T22:32:58.510Z [DEBUG] [Central::SimulatorService] - Using simIsRunningCache
2019-11-15T22:32:58.510Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: Actions are allowed.
2019-11-15T22:32:58.510Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: Library is ok.
2019-11-15T22:32:58.510Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: Simulator is ok.
2019-11-15T22:32:58.511Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Validation: No antirequisites found.
2019-11-15T22:32:58.511Z [DEBUG] [Central::InstallationService] - Libraries has 0 prerequisite(s).
2019-11-15T22:32:58.722Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - unable to verify the first certificate
2019-11-15T22:32:58.723Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - {}
2019-11-15T22:32:58.723Z [ERROR] [Central::InstallationService] - Could not download and save the manifest.

Hi!

This is caused when Orbx Central is unable to make a secure connection to Google (our infrastructure provider).

Please try the following:

• Make sure your system time is set correctly.
    • Right click your date/time in the bottom right (on Windows), then click on "Adjust date/time"
    •  Ensure 'Set the time automatically' and 'Set the time zone automatically' are checked
    •  Under 'Synchronize your clock', click 'Sync now'
    •  Restart Orbx Central and try to install the product again
  • If you have any third-party firewalls, proxies etc. that may interfere with connections to Google, try to white-list Orbx Central or disabling them.
  • If those two don't work, we have an option that allows you to disable the strict security requirements to connect to Google (see below)

Could not download and save the manifest
The most common cause of this is some form of software on your computer that interferes with your network connection (such as a strict firewall or proxy server). The manifest files are served from our infrastructure provider Google, therefore anything that may be preventing a secure connection being made to Google can cause this error.

You can disable the strict network security requirements used by manifest downloading by performing the following:

• Make sure Orbx Central is not running
  • Right-click on your Orbx Central shortcut and press ‘Properties’
  • In the ‘Target:’ box, add strict-ssl false
  • NXBVpjVKYNshQwhZ8Ual9HbHcDpdZqG19W9Zvcoi
  • Press OK
  • Start Orbx Central by double-clicking on that shortcut

Note: You may need to press ‘Open File Location’ on the icon in order to find the actual shortcut.

• 5 months later...

Archived