PNW Demo Problem With Autogen Buildings

Have installed the PNW Demo and am quite happy with the overall look and performance but autogen buildings in towns are extremely sparse even when I run Autogen set at Extremely Dense. Strangely the trees seem to show up pretty much as I would expect (I only run Autogen Trees at 1200 per cell) although of course I have never been there.  Also the airport buildings are what I would expect to see.

I use the FSX.cfg tweak of Autogen Buildings per cell = 1500 which in places such as Sydney and Melbourne gives me full building cover. I also tried San Francisco in the Default FSX and it had the expected number of buildings. Have also tried reinstalling the Demo with no change. Also tried reinstalling ORBX Libraries with no change.

I don't recall getting this message at the start but now when I go to FTX Central I get the following message when selecting North America. "Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path "E:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World\Scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_00WA_elevation_adjustment.BGL'". When going back to Default or Australia the last word of the message changes to ''OFF''. Regardless of this message it still lets me go to the selected area.

Could someone please advise how to fix this problem as it looks like a cyclone has demolished most of the buildings in the towns.

• 7 months later...

Hello,

This is due to installing the PNW demo with FTXcentral set to Australia I believe, but its an easy fix:

- With FTXCentral set to North America go into \Scenery\World\scenery and delete "ADE_FTX_PNW_00WA_elevation_adjustment.OFF"

@Hoteltango: after you do the above fix, can you let me know if your AGN problem is resolved, if not please post a screenshot showing the issue

Cheers!

Thank you Tim - I tried it but still got the attached when trying to load North America from FSX default, I got:

Could not complete operation since a file already exists in this path C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Scenery\World Scenery\ADE_FTX_PNW_0S9_elevation_adjustment.BGL

This was resolved at the time in March. I don't know where the rest of the messages concerning my original post have gone but the resolution to the problem was that I originally had the Canadian Victoria scenery installed which was incompatible with the PNW Demo. I had unticked one of the boxes in the Scenery listing in FSX but missed unticking another box relating to Victoria.

Once I unticked the second box the PNW Demo scenery was fine.

Check also in the instructions as I seem to remember some other sceneries for that area were also incompatible with PNW.

Hope this resolves your problem.

Archived