KGPI / HF2 Issue ( FSAerodata )???

JPL19

I am on a string of finding odd issues.  I spent most of my day trying to figure out why I was having issues at KGPI.

To describe - I would start a flight say at Parking 78.  Instead of being placed in the correct spot the flight loaded south and west close to Gate A1 (but not at that spot),  if I tried for instance Gate 3 the aircraft was also placed south and west out in the grass.  I also had issues with incorrect mesh and unseen sunken areas.  I had just flown into this airport a day ago before applying the HF2.

After checking mesh, ALT files, afcads etc I uninstalled KGPI, went back to just KFCA at NRM and verified that base airport in NRM was ORBX default and no other KFCA or KGPI afcads were present (except for default KFCA) in P3D.  I also deleted all SODE entries for KGPI looking both in ORBX folders and default SODE for good measure.  I also checked the AFCAD it seemed find - even Little NavMap showed me being placed well away from chosen spot.

I then reinstalled from a fresh download to my P3D folder, verified files and ran the config, and sync'd folders, but the problem was still present.  I again went back to just NRM, deleted all KGPI entries including the Alt adjustment, SODE etc etc and installed to my library instead.  Then  ran the config program, made sure KFCA AFCAD was disabled etc etc, and the problem still persisted.  I had also checked a couple of other airports and did not find problems..  

I then decided to uninstall HF2 and go back to HF1 (in both cases client only).  I then rebooted, restarted P3D and made zero other changes - the problem resolved w/o any other input.   I made zero changes except for going back to HF1, not even starting ORBX Central,  Both parking gate loading and mesh problems were gone.

Did HF2 change something in the way files are sequenced / loaded / read that could cause this?  Anyone else visit KGPI with the HF2 and have issues?

Perplexed.

Joe

OK - I think I may have solved this - after reading some of the LM P3D Forum I decided to further investigate FSAerodata as a possible issue.  I had but back the default APX17140.BGL file and deactivated any KFCA bgls, but apparently that was not enough.  Once I uninstalled, re-installed and then moved the FSAerodata folders below my ORBX entries the problem seems to have gone away.  For HF2 the placement seems to have been the issue, although it had not mattered in HF1 and earlier . . .  Note the FSAerodata folders do not contain any AFCADS (that I see).

Please mark solved - don't know if mods could add a tag to include FSAerodata for anyone else . . .

thanks.

Joe

• Doug Sawatzky changed the title to KGPI / HF2 Issue ( FSAerodata )???

Archived