FSX lighting bug and FTX = flashing street lights

Koyote

Hi all :-)

Maybe someone have a solution for me :-) I think everyone here know about the lighting problem with strobe and position lights in FSX. You can see the lights shine throught wings and cockpit/wall where they normally hidden by the object (wing/wall). This problem is visible at night and dusk flights. This drive me personally insane, when u fly in virtual cockpits. And this problem is visible on all FSX planes. But this problem affect also the lighting of the street lights in FTX. When i have my strobes on, then the street lights starting to flash in the same rhythm like the strobe lights. This is a really strange problem. The only way to fix this, is to turn off the strobe lights. Any idea how to fix this? I know it's not a real FTX problem, it's a FSX bug. And to fly with all lights off, are not so funny :-(

Thanks for taking time for looking into my problem.

Best regards, and happy flying with one of the best add ons out there :-)

Christian

Hi Bazzam

Thanks for the reply. No, i don't use a add on that modify lights in FSX. Also i have no weather add on installed. Just the basic FSX SP2 with the newest nvidia drivers aviable (174.74). The lighting problem with the strobe and position lights are well known, but that this problem also affect the street lights is really strange.

I attach a screenshot where you can see the lights shining throught the wings, and when you see this, with strobes enabled, then you can see, that all street lights start to flashing.

Regards

Christian

Posted Image

Archived