ORBX Trees Strange artifacts

Mets747

Hello,

Your screenshots suggest that what you are seeing is related to an issue that has been around for awhile and is related to how P3D deals with the one pixel border between opaque and fully transparent with the sky behind. The LM team has been aware of the issue and at least to my eye has made some improvements. From what I gather there might be a significant performance hit in completely eliminating the blue tinge but I'm guessing that  the team may look into it more fully in the future.  

The phenomena is quite sensitive to zoom level; I notice that one of your shots has a zoom level of over 22. From my experience, that level is sure to produce the effect.   Video card settings probably have an effect too and I suspect the clip mode of the camera does too. The reason that the blue tinge is more noticeable with higher resolution trees like HD Trees or some of the custom trees used in Orbx products  is that there is a much longer border between opaque and transparent  with higher resolutions.

Cheers,

5 hours ago, Larry_R said:

Hello,

Your screenshots suggest that what you are seeing is related to an issue that has been around for awhile and is related to how P3D deals with the one pixel border between opaque and fully transparent with the sky behind. The LM team has been aware of the issue and at least to my eye has made some improvements. From what I gather there might be a significant performance hit in completely eliminating the blue tinge but I'm guessing that  the team may look into it more fully in the future.  

The phenomena is quite sensitive to zoom level; I notice that one of your shots has a zoom level of over 22. From my experience, that level is sure to produce the effect.   Video card settings probably have an effect too and I suspect the clip mode of the camera does too. The reason that the blue tinge is more noticeable with higher resolution trees like HD Trees or some of the custom trees used in Orbx products  is that there is a much longer border between opaque and transparent  with higher resolutions.

Cheers,

Thank you for that clarification, that makes sense. Yeah I was zoomed in to show the effect. I guess I will have to live with it for now... :)

Archived