TE Washington Performance

PaulR035

Just testing out TE Washington HD, and have had two flights in a row crash the sim shortly after T/D into Seattle (right over a very beautiful and undoubtedly frame-heavy part of the Cascades, maybe 100 miles from Seattle).  Yesterday I received the "running out of memory" message before the crash, and today x-plane just stopped responding.  I went from 25-30 frames steady, to unstable frame rates, to single digits in a matter of 30 seconds.

I have flown into DD Washington (DC) before, and also use ZL16 ortho scenery over the whole US so I wasn't expecting too much trouble out of this.  Am I limited by my system RAM (8GB)? I have a Nvidia 1070 GPU with 8GB VRAM as well.

Never experienced these messages before- is this a RAM shortage? Virtual memory shortage (even though I have 20GB allocated)? Thoughts, anyone had the same problems?

EDIT: Meant to save the log, but the last several lines were all:

NAVTYPE: GPS LAT:00000000  LONG: (same random long number)

I think your 8GB system ram is the likely culprit here....where is your texture quality slider at? I would suggest no more than "high" with 8GB and even then somewhat dodgy. I run a 1070 8GB too and it's great with 16GB or more... and running 4K as well...texture slider at max (no compression)

16 minutes ago, BobT said:

I think your 8GB system ram is the likely culprit here....where is your texture quality slider at? I would suggest no more than "high" with 8GB and even then somewhat dodgy. I run a 1070 8GB too and it's great with 16GB or more... and running 4K as well...texture slider at max (no compression)

Thanks this was very helpful. Textures are on high. I only have an i5-7400 CPU as well, didn't know if that was perhaps a problem as well. The sudden drop in performance made me think it was memory related though. 

Archived