CitiScape Honolulu

FSStewie

Hello:  Purchased and installed CitiScape Honolulu (after uninstalling and reinstalling ORBX Central to get past the "Communications Error").  Started with my plane at Honolulu International and, though it looks pretty good (even if planes are at the wrong terminals), I notice that there is a complete lack of motion i.e. no AI planes moving around, no trucks, no cars at airport or on highways, no palm trees swaying, nada.  There are other aircraft, but they appear to be static.  It's beautiful, but it's darn lonely.

Have I done something wrong? Should I reinstall?  Hope to hear from someone.

Regards,    Stew Leber

Hi Stew,

CS Honolulu is primarily a cityscape, here combined with a "mini region" covering the island of Oahu. Like with other Orbx regions and cityscapes, airports have been enhanced but they are still not as detailed as separate airport products so please don't expect features like "swaying palms" or busy ramp agents etc. :)

Of course, if there is something missing in your install, we should look into it. A screenshot might be helpful.

Hi Frank:  Thanks for getting back.  My flight sim guru (Malte Rettberg) lives in Carlsruhl.  Is that near?

Should I not at least have planes taxiing and taking off and landing?  I can live without the swaying palms and agents directing me to the gate.  Ha.

Definitely a newbie and not very tech savvy.  Can you tell me how to send you a "screenshot"?  Would love to do this is I knew how!

Thanks again,     Stew

Hi Stew,

7 hours ago, FSStewie said:

Is that near?

If you mean "Karlsruhe" (or "Carlsruhe"), it's located at the other end of the country (in the Southwest, while I'm living in the North at the Baltic Sea), but honestly, compared to the US or Australia every place is near in Germany. ;)

AI traffic: Your aviation traffic sliders in the P3D "Options-Traffic" menu are set to something above 0%?

Screenshots: Just take a link to your picture(s) from your image hosting site and insert it in your post. Here's a guide:

https://orbxsystems.com/forum/topic/159607-screenshots-for-dummies-v2/

Archived