problems with update of my orbx products in Central

Dobrolet77

I have problems wit update of my orbx products in Central. Each time I v got this message: 

"A communication error occured when trying to perform this action".

Help me please!

I try to find in the log some negative words like ERROR, false... :) Maybe it helps. Thank you in advance!

2019-09-17T20:05:15.260Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Saturn binary found at: saturn-win\Saturn.exe
2019-09-17T20:05:15.268Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Saturn closed with code 2147516546 - null
2019-09-17T20:05:18.262Z [INFO] [Central::DownloadQueueService] - Failed to resume the queue.
2019-09-17T20:05:18.263Z [DEBUG] [Central::ProductService] - Set lib-objectflow installing property to false
2019-09-17T20:05:18.264Z [ERROR] [Central::ProductService] - {}

2019-09-17T20:09:48.655Z [INFO] [Central::DownloadQueueService] - Failed to resume the queue.
2019-09-17T20:09:48.655Z [DEBUG] [Central::ProductService] - Set gbr-south installing property to false
2019-09-17T20:09:48.655Z [ERROR] [Central::ProductService] - {}

Operating system:  

Simulator:  

Screenshot:  

Issue:  

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Dobrolet77

Your log file indicates that the Orbx Central downloader process is failing to start as indicated by these two lines.

2019-09-17T20:05:15.260Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Saturn binary found at: saturn-win\Saturn.exe
2019-09-17T20:05:15.268Z [INFO] [Central::IpcService] - Saturn closed with code 2147516546 - null

Some users have had some luck resolving this issue in a few different ways:

• Ensuring all system requirements for Orbx Central are met. These can be found in the user guide. http://orbx.to/central-guide 
  • Whitelisting Orbx Central and the Saturn worker process in their anti-virus
  • Completely reinstalling Orbx Central

Give me please step by step instructions regarding to this

• Whitelisting Orbx Central and the Saturn worker process in their anti-virus
  • Completely reinstalling Orbx Central

ESSET NOD 32 antivirus - I just stop it but the same problem remained

What means completely reinstall. What I should do?

Sorry for this questions...  I'm just a complete noob

Guest Josh Koz

Hi @Dobrolet77,

I've included the system requirements from the Orbx Central user guide below:

System Requirements

Windows
Windows 7 and onwards are supported. The following components need to be installed for Central to function correctly:

Additional Requirements for Windows 7 and 8

macOS
macOS Sierra (10.12) or later is required.

Linux
The GNU C library is required for TrueEarth texture conversion. The package name differs based on your Linux distro. Use the appropriate package manager for your distro to install the package.

• Debian/Ubuntu: libc6-dev
  • Red Hat/Fedora: glibc-devel
  • Arch/Manjaro: lib32-glibc

Unfortunately I can't provide step by step instructions on how to configure your anti-virus. If you have disabled your anti-virus and the issue persisted you can rule this out as a potential cause.

To reinstall Orbx Central you'll need to visit "Add or Remove Programs" in your Windows settings, find Orbx Central within the list an click uninstall. You can then download the latest version from https://orbxdirect.com/central and perform an installation.

Archived